The mission of Reformation House of Prayer is to impact the different Mountains of Influence through prayer and God-given strategy.
The vision of RHOP is to PRAY, strategically link, and influence societies, which we call Mountains of Influence. We are called to pray into the prophetic destinies of Tyler, East Texas, our state, our nation and the nations of the earth as God directs.
Reformation began with the sound of a hammer on October 31, 1517 as Martin Luther nailed a 95 statement theses to the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany. We declare that a new season of reformation has begun.
The Church will Love as Christ loved. We will stand for Truth as it is written in the Word of God, and in so doing will shift our cities, communities and nation towards righteousness and justice in our homes, churches, businesses, government, education systems, arts, entertainment, and in media.
THIS IS OUR MANDATE: To pray into this Reformation God has begun until God’s kingdom comes and His will is done, on earth as it is in heaven. Matthew 6:10
THE 7 MOUNTAIN REFORMATION
Accepting the reformation mandate, we are committed to praying for a dwelling place for God on the top of the seven mountains of society.
- CHURCH- A PLACE OF HONOR: The Church is called to replace false worship with true worship of Jesus Christ. This is modeled through a Holy Spirit infused life and ministry.
- FAMILY– A PLACE OF STRENGTH: The family is called to replace rejection and perversion with true acceptance through the Biblical foundation of a loving marriage relationship between one man and one woman. Social systems must be impacted so that the family unit is prioritized.
- GOVERNMENT– A PLACE OF POWER: Government is called to replace pride and corruption with leaders who are humble servants and walk in integrity. Government must be impacted through strong servant leadership that enforces God’s righteousness and justice so that His peace may reign.
- EDUCATION– A PLACE OF WISDOM: Education is called to replace the lies of humanism and godless intellectualism with the wisdom and fear of God. Education’s curriculum must be impacted to promote Godly character along with solid job skills so that true lasting success can flourish.
- BUSINESS-A PLACE OF WEALTH: Business is called to replace greed and poverty by discovering and transferring wealth into God’s kingdom purposes. Business must be impacted to understand the value of using natural resources to discover the true kingdom wealth of loving others.
- ARTS/ENTERTAINMENT-A PLACE OF GLORY: Arts and entertainment are called to replace compromise and seduction with creativity that will release God’s glory and prophesy to the earth. Arts and entertainment must be impacted to capture the heart of a generation and release their true destinies.
- MEDIA-A PLACE OF BLESSING: Media is called to replace the bad news of death and destruction with the good news of the kingdom. Media must be impacted to produce noble news that will change the atmosphere and invigorate its hearers.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe in the full inerrancy of Scripture…
- In God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- In the virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, physical resurrection and visible, personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ
- In salvation by grace through faith in the finished work of Christ and the cross
- In an abundant prayer life
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit expressed in His fruit, gifts and power
- In New Testament evangelism, victorious Christian living, the local church, the ministry of reconciliation and the urgency of fulfilling the Great Commission.
We believe in the sanctity of life-that all individuals have the right to life from the point of conception to death; therefore no one has the right to take the life of another through abortion or euthanasia.
We believe that the quality of life for every individual matters; therefore, we believe in praying for and addressing issues such as poverty, racism and human trafficking and even advocating biblically-based systems of education, justice and government.
We believe that God created human beings as male and female; therefore, the gender identity we are born with is our true identity. We also believe that God created men and women as equals.
We partner with God’s plan for ISRAEL and believe that it carries a leadership role for the nations and that a great revival will come to Israel before the Lord’s return, which will affect the nations.
We, Tim and Karen Miller, are in our 28th year of marriage and have 4 grown children and 2 delightful grandkids. We were both raised in the Midwest and spent 6 years in Alabama in full-time prison ministry. We moved our family to Tyler in 1998 with a vision for revival and discipleship ministry. After several years, we began a service business to the community, named Jireh Sanitation, which we stewarded and then sold after nearly 14 years. After raising and educating our children here, being involved in outreach ministries through a local church, and growing a business, our roots have grown deep, along with a genuine heart for the East Texas region.
In 2014, God began speaking to us about impacting our community through a House of Prayer. After connecting with others in prayer and investing time in the East Texas House of Prayer in Lindale, Texas, we are excited about this new venture of opening up the Reformation House of Prayer in Tyler. We long to see a renewal of prayer and purpose as we pray into reforming the culture of our region. Oswald Chamber says it well in ‘Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work.’